The Goodbyes


I've been thinking this morning about the Goodbyes. I've been saying more of them in my life lately and I think the older you get, the more of them you have to say.
Goodbyes make you think. They make you remember what's important in life. They can bring you to your knees, which isn't a bad thing.

The funny thing is, while I was typing this, Ethan called. "Hi Mom". Yep, life is full of Goodbyes and Hellos and moments like that. One moment you're saying Hello to a new little life, and the next you're watching them walk into their own.




Sometimes, Hello seems like it might never come. But when it does, I realize that God's plans are always better than mine.















The Goodbyes make me treasure the Hellos.

Comments

  1. I will remember to look forward to the treasured hellos when I have to say my good byes. Thanks for the reminder to not get stuck in the sadness for what is moving on, but to look ahead towards what may be coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there! Let's keep in touch. (Sorry, only subscribers/members of this blog can comment.)

Popular Posts