SAYING NOTHING

I sit across from her in a crowded restaurant, listening, watching.

There's a decision to be made today;
not an earth shattering, life-altering decision, but an important decision about stepping into a new position of leadership.

I listen to her recite pro's and con's, and while she lists them I imagine how every fact and detail is written carefully at home in a notebook on her kitchen counter. She gets to the end of her list and takes a sip of her water.

I say nothing. I say nothing for a really. long. time.

She finally clunks her water down on the table and looks at me with tears in her eyes. I know of the grief she is walking through right now. I know that right now it's hard for her to get out of bed; hard to feel anything, hope for anything, see anything but the last few months.

Cancer is a thief, and it stole her Momma. Her young, vibrant, active Momma. 60 days from diagnosis to goodbye.

60 days.

And now my friend is desperate to stumble into something, anything, that will keep her from sitting on the couch with a remote control in her hand. She is looking for something to wake her up.

"Why can't God just tell us what to do at times like this?"

I say nothing, because that's the wrong question.

The truth is, nothing will change the fact that her Momma is gone. Nothing will change the fact that she has to walk through the grief. She can walk through it busy, or she can walk through it barely moving.

But she must walk through it.

There is no list to check through this time. There are no pro's and con's.

This is life. And it's messy and it's beautiful and it's full of color and it's broken and sometimes it sucks.

And sometimes it's our job to just sit across the table and shut our mouths and let the questions come.

Sometimes questions are just questions. And sometimes they lead to more questions.

And somewhere in the asking, we will find what we're looking for.







Comments

  1. So tough!! Good for you for not feeling that silence with just something. Sometimes we don't have anything to say for a reason because at those times we are just to be a good ear and a tender touch. You took time out of your day and sat there with her and listened to her and that in itself spoke volumes

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK URGENTLY AFTER A BREAKUP OR DIVORCE!.
    Hi everyone,
    I'm so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Azeez can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Azeez if you have any problem contact Dr Azeez now and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact.
    Email him at: Email him at: Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com
    you can also call him or add him on what’s-app: +2348160153829

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there! Let's keep in touch. (Sorry, only subscribers/members of this blog can comment.)

Popular Posts